APPLICATION DEADLINE - JUNE 17th, 2017
The 43rd Annual CenterFest 2017 is the longest running street arts
festival in North Carolina. Showcasing the arts, the festival boasts over
130 juried visual artists, lots of food, great entertainment, and fun,
educational activities for kids. Located in Downtown Durham's
revitalized city center district, CenterFest performers, artists and
visitors will enjoy this area that is surrounded by restaurants, shops
and studios: a perfect setting for an event that will bring around 30,000 visitors over the weekend. We are excited about our expanded
marketing campaign for 2017 and our media partnerships estimated at
$120,000 in media exposure. From a multi-media pull-out section in the
Durham Herald-Sun to television commercials, we are getting the word out
about this event and the artists and performers who are featured!
CenterFest 2017 will include multiple performance stages featuring
music, dance, and street performers, festival arts and community groups.
We are looking for a diverse array of performance groups and
entertainers for these areas! CenterFest will feature 65 acts on 5
stages as well as roving performers. APPLICATION DEADLINE - JUNE 17th, 2017
BENEFITS, SCREENING, AND REGULATIONS
- Complete contact information
- Attach your technical needs sheet (upload file as word 'docx, doc' or pdf document, not exceeding 1MB)
- Provide description of your group
- Provide web link to online performance sample
- Upload press quality photo (png, gif, and jpeg files accepted, with file size not exceeding 1MB)
If selected to perform, you will receive the following festival benefits:
- Photo and description with link to your website on the CenterFest website.
- Exposure in over 55,000 Event Guides to be distributed at the
event and prior to the event through Durham and Orange Counties.
- Inclusion in publicity campaign and social media.
- Sound and stage management by a professional (Sound Reinforcement
mics, and stage included, no backline gear will be provided.)
- Payment of up to $100 for your 20 - 45 minute performance. More
established bands may be considered for higher performance fees.
- A designated area for performers to sell and distribute CD's and
merchandise. Performers are responsible for managing their own sales.
All applicants will be screened by the Centerfest 2017 Management
Team and entertainment committee. The screening process will take into
account technical and scheduling needs, diversity in performances, and
record of previous performances. All 2017 Applicants will be notified by
July 25th if they are selected or not selected.
- Artists must perform work for which they were invited.
- Artists must provide technical specifications with the application.
- The DAC retains the right to use any festival documentation to be
used in future promotion of CenterFest without compensation to the
- Stage performances will generally be 20 to 40 minutes.
- All staging areas will be outdoors and two will have coverings. No "green room" dressing room, or rugs will be provided.
- No application fee to apply.
- Load in areas, parking passes and information and festival map
will be included in a formal contract between you and the DAC upon
selection to perform.
- Rainout: CenterFest is a Rain or Shine event. Performers will be
asked to proceed in the event of light rain when it is safe to do so. No
compensation will be paid due to performers decision not to
participate; performers will be paid in the event of rain if they are
present and ready to perform.
A showcase of featured performers, well-loved bands, ensembles and singer/songwriters
DANCE & KIDS STAGES
Dance groups, puppet shows, processions, juggling, music, marching
bands and more. These areas will be a lot of fun for the entire family!