In its 43nd year, CenterFest is the longest running outdoor juried arts festival in North Carolina. Located in Durham's lively Downtown district, the event is a favorite among visual artists, performing artists, and visitors. DAC's expanded marketing campaign, with support from the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau, Downtown Durham Inc., and fantastic media sponsors will continue to build regional response to this exciting event. Annual attendance at the festival averages 30,000 guests.
CenterFest will be held in downtown Durham on:
Saturday, September 16 - 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. (Set-up), 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Festival Hours)
Sunday, September 17 - 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Set-up), 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Festival Hours)
DEAR PROSPECTIVE CENTERFEST FOOD VENDOR:
In order to provide each vendor with a unique presence, Durham Arts Council requires a complete menu with prices of the items you plan to sell at this year’s festival. We seek a balance of festival staples and unique food options. If you
are accepted as a food vendor for CenterFest 2017, you will receive a
letter of agreement listing those menu items that you are approved to sell.
* New! Vendor RegistrationAs of 2014 North Carolina has a mandatory registration for all festival vendors. All vendors must supply DAC with their NC vendor registration and have a copy on hand at their booth. Registration is free. You can find more information at: http://www.dornc.com/electronic/registration/index.html
Quick & Tasty Details:
- Food vendor applications will be reviewed after the deadline of July 21st.
- Payment is accepted online via ETIX at the link provided: http://www.etix.com/ticket/p/2367273/2017-centerfest-food-vendor-application--durham-durham-arts-councildurham-art-walk The link will also be provided in the confirmation email that will be sent to you after completion of the application.
- If you prefer to pay by check, please mail your check made payable to the Durham Arts Council, Inc. with your online application email confirmation to:Durham Arts Council
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
- All fees are deposited upon receipt.
- You will receive notification by August 4, 2017 of acceptance or rejection (followed by a refund of booth fee & setup deposit).
- Great placement of performance areas in relation to food vendor areas
- Timely technical support for electrical and water related issues
- Offer the widest variety of food choices by avoiding duplication among accepted vendors.
- Ice available to vendors for purchase on site.
- Attractive seating areas close to food vendors.
We look forward to receiving your application and having your business join the wide range of food offerings at Durham Arts Council's CenterFest!
For additional information, please contact the CenterFest office at 919-560-2722 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All food vendors, restaurants, individuals, and non-profit groups may apply as food vendors.
- Food vendors may set up booths between 8 - 11 pm on Friday, 9/15 and Saturday, 9/16 between 6 - 8 am. By 9 am Saturday, all vehicles must be off-site.
- All menu items and prices are subject to review by the Food Vendor Committee. Changes in menu items will require prior approval from the committee and cannot be made the day of the festival.
- As required by law, all vendors will be subject to inspection by the Durham County Health Dept. and will be issued a permit for their temporary food establishment. No food can be prepared for at your temporary food establishment before your booth has been inspected and issued a permit. The only exception is vendors with a current mobile food truck permit.
- Water under pressure will be provided to your booth. You will need to provide a dish washing sink, a receptacle for the removal of waste water, and a minimum of 20 feet to the water system.
- Durham Arts Council has contracted with an outside vending firm to supply all lemonade, lemon-based drinks, and tea drinks. Food Vendors at CenterFest MAY NOT SELL bottled or canned beverages, water, tea, lemonade, lemon-based smoothies or any other lemon frozen products. The only exception is for non-lemon based frozen smoothies. Payment of a “Smoothie Premium,” in addition to the booth space fee, is required to sell smoothies. Applications for vendors selling mainly coffees, lattes, etc. and little or no food will be considered.
- ATMS will be available on festival site.
- Food may only be sold from the assigned vending booth spot.
- Vendors must abide by all applicable regulations, fire rules and sanitation laws.
- Vendors are encouraged to make their booth space attractive and inviting.
- Food Trucks are required to utilize onsite electricity. Generators are not allowed.
- Fire extinguishers are required (at least one per booth). The Fire Marshall will inspect all booths.
- Ice will be available for sale / delivery at $5 per bag.
- Once accepted, you will be required to provide proof of current liability coverage of no less than $1,000,000.00; Durham Arts Council, and the City of Durham must be added as additional insureds for September 16-17, 2017.
For questions regarding food vending regulations contact Durham Co Health Dept. at 919-560-7800.Refunds:
All fees are deposited upon receipt. If you are not selected to participate in CenterFest 2017, we will return booth fees in full. If you are selected but decide not to participate, you must notify the CenterFest office in writing no later than August 25, 2017. There will be no refunds past this date. The Security/Setup deposit will be refunded by mail following the Festival if your site is left in satisfactory condition as determined by the CenterFest Food Vendor Committee. Failure to properly clean or obstruction of festival site by vehicles will result in forfeiture of your $50.00 security deposit. Proper disposal of waste is required. The area will be inspected by the city prior to, during, and after the event.
- Booth spaces are 10’x (10’, 15’, 20’ or 30’) depending on your selection
- Vendor may apply for more than one space; please utilize separate applications. If your booth/trailer size exceeds the booth space size, you must apply for the next sized booth or your application will not be processed.
- Vendors must contain all equipment, supplies and storage within their space. Nothing may be hung on trees. Booths must be of sound construction, free-standing and must not obstruct others. No campers, RVs or trailers are allowed on site except during loading and unloading. Electricity will be provided only if requested on the application. Generators are NOT allowed.
- All fees must be paid in advance in order to be considered for participation in CenterFest 2017 and must be paid online via ETIX at the link provided. The link will also be available in your confirmation email after you submit your application. If you prefer to pay by check, please mail your check made payable to the Durham Arts Council, Inc. with your online application email confirmation to:
Durham Arts Council
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701REQUIRED FEES
$25.00 Non-refundable application fee
$50.00 Cleaning Deposit (mandatory)
FOOD VENDOR (TFE) RATES
$375 - (10 x 10 ) Space
$550 (10 x 15 ) Space
$725 (10 x 20 ) Space
$1,050 (10 x 30) SpaceFOOD TRUCK RATES*
$200 - 1 Day
$375 - 2-DayOPTIONAL FEES
$60 - Electrical hook up (*required for all food vendors and food trucks - NO GENERATORS ALLOWED)
$300 - Smoothie Premium SECURITY
- Booths/Food Trucks MUST be set-up and tow vehicles removed from the festival site area by 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16 and by 10 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 17. Items may be carried to booths after these times.
- Uniformed security, CenterFest staff and volunteers will be on site during festival hours. Limited security will be available on Saturday night. However, you are strongly encouraged to remove valuable property and lock down vending areas. Durham Arts Council assumes no responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to any signage, product, display equipment or property.
CenterFest is a “rain or shine” event; no rain dates! Participants should be prepared to continue in the case of light rain. In the case
of heavy rain, the CenterFest Committee will consider electrical hazards, logistical requirements, concessionaires’ needs, and the requirements of performing artists in making any decision about suspension or cancellation of any part or all of the Festival. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather or a participant’s decision to leave before the end.