APPLICATIONS DUE: MONDAY, JULY 8th, 2019
In its 45th year, CenterFest is the longest running outdoor juried arts festival in North Carolina. Located in Durham's lively Downtown district, the event is a favorite among visual artists, performing artists, and visitors. DAC's expanded marketing campaign, with support from the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau, Downtown Durham Inc., and fantastic media sponsors will continue to build regional response to this exciting event. Annual attendance at the festival averages 30,000 guests.
CenterFest will be held in downtown Durham on:
Saturday, September 21 - 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. (Set-up), 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Festival Hours)
Sunday, September 22 - 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Set-up), 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Festival Hours)
DURHAM GOVERNMENT SERVICES APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
- Durham Government Services applicant fees include one table, two chairs and space under a large shared 20x20 tent.
- Durham Government Services applicant can request a separate (single) 10x10 booth space (NOT under shared tent; table and chairs available for additional fee)
- Limited spaces available
- Placement will be decided by the CenterFest Committee.
- Items permitted for sale in booths located within the festival include rummage items and specialty items (hats, stickers, etc.).
- Food/beverage sales, including home-baked items, are NOT permited. Food/beverage items may not be given away. CenterFest retains exclusive vending rights for beverages.
- CenterFest souvenir items may not be sold or given away. CenterFest retains exclusive vending rights for souvenir items, face painting, and T-shirts.
- Arts and Crafts sales are also prohibited.
- Information about Durham Government Services department may be freely distributed to festival participants but only from within your actual booth space. Distribution of information outside of your booth space or in any festival thoroughfare is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in the participant being asked to leave the festival.
- If you bring a department mascot, the mascot may roam freely within the vicinity of the booth to engage festival participants.
- Organizations must participate on both days of the festival. If booth is abandoned, it will be shut down.
- Sound level of music, if applicable and which must be approved by the CenterFest Committee, must be contained to booth area.
- All units must be of sound construction and must not obstruct others. You and your volunteers are responsible for securing your space overnight.
- All sales and activity prices are subject to review and must be approved in advance of the Festival. A contract will be sent to all accepted government services and will include which items and pricing were approved by the Committee.
FEES & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
All application fees must be paid online via ETIX at the link provided: https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/3897645/2019-centerfest-government-application--durham-durham-arts-councildurham-art-walk. The link will also be provided in the confirmation email you will receive after you submit your application. You can use this link to pay.
- If you prefer to pay by check, please mail your check made payable to the Durham Arts Council, Inc. with your online application email confirmation to:
Durham Arts Council
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
All fees are deposited upon receipt. Groups will be notified by July 26th of their application status. If an organization is not accepted, booth fees will be refunded at this time if applicable.
- Applications are due no later than July 8th to be considered for CenterFest 2019.
- All cancellations for participation must be received in writing by August 23rd for a full refund of booth fees.
$25.00 - Processing Fee (all applicants must submit the processing fee.The fee is non-refundable)
$130.00 - Durham Government Services Booth Space (shared booth space includes tent, 1 table & 2 chairs)
$85.00 - Durham Government Services Booth Space (NOT in shared booth space tent; table/chairs/tent not included)
$25.00 - Table and two chairs (for those NOT in shared booth space tent)
$75.00 - Electrical hook up
- All vehicles MUST be removed from the festival site area by 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21 and by 10 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 22. Items may be carried to booths after these times.
- Uniformed security, CenterFest staff and volunteers will be on site during festival hours. Limited security will be available on Saturday night. However, you are strongly encouraged to remove valuable property and lock down vending areas. Durham Arts Council assumes no responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to any signage, product, display equipment or property.
CenterFest is a “rain or shine” event; no rain dates! Participants should be prepared to continue in the case of light rain. In the case of heavy rain, the CenterFest Committee will consider electrical hazards, logistical requirements, concessionaires’ needs, and the requirements of performing artists in making any decision about suspension or cancellation of any part or all of the Festival. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather or a participant’s decision to leave before the end.