APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JULY 20th, 2018
In its 44th year, CenterFest is the longest running outdoor juried arts festival in North Carolina. Located in Durham’s lively Downtown district, the event is a favorite among visual artists, performing artists and visitors. DAC’s expanded marketing campaign, with support from the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau, Downtown Durham, Inc. and fantastic media sponsors will continue to build regional response to this exciting event. Annual attendance at the Festival averages 30,000 guests.
CenterFest will be held in downtown Durham on:
Saturday, September 15th - 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. (Set-up), 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Festival Hours)
Sunday, September 16th - 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Set-up), 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Festival Hours)
We invite you to sell specialty items or services that are inexpensive, fun and which enhance peoples’ experience at the festival, such as:
· Sunglasses, hats, fans, novelty inflatables, etc. These items CANNOT display any corporate logos or sponsor brand identification.
· Visual Arts Services- Services such as face painting, henna, caricatures, etc.
· Craft Activities for children that require a fee do not qualify because we offer free craft activities for children as part of the Kids Zone.
· T-Shirt sales are prohibited; artists creating handmade clothing may apply as a Visual Artist in the “Fiber (wearable)” category.
· Food/beverage items may not be sold; qualified vendors should apply in the Food Vendor category.
· Arts and Crafts items may not be sold; qualified vendors should apply in the Visual Artist category.
· Consumable/perishable items such as plants, soap, lotions, candles, etc. may not be sold at the festival.
*If you have any questions about what qualifies for a novelty booth applications, please contact Centerfest@durhamarts.org BEFORE applying*
Vendor Registration: As of 2014 North Carolina has a mandatory registration for all festival vendors. All vendors must supply DAC with their NC vendor registration and have a copy on hand at their booth. Registration is free. You can find more information at: http://www.dornc.com/electronic/registration/index.html
All operations must fit in a 10’x10’ booth space.
Vendors who do not submit a photo of their booth setup will NOT be considered, regardless of any prior affiliation with CenterFest. Vendors will be selected based on booth image, appearance of items described on their application and appropriateness for the festival. CenterFest staff makes selections and all decisions are final. Acceptance to past CenterFest shows does not guarantee acceptance to the show each year.
All applications must submit a $25.00 processing fee. This fee is non-refundable.
In addition to the cost of booth space, we also require a $50.00 refundable cleaning deposit check for each site. Please submit the deposit with your application at the link provided. CenterFest will refund your deposit amount following the event provided you adhere to all rules and regulations or if you are not accepted to exhibit at CenterFest. Applications submitted without a deposit will not be considered.
The space fee is $255.00, processing fee of $25.00, and cleaning deposit of $50.00, for a total of $330.00 that will be due in full with your application by July 20th, 2018. The space fee and deposit will be refunded to you if you are not accepted to exhibit at CenterFest.
All application fees must be paid online via ETIX at the link provided:
The link will also be provided in the confirmation email you will receive after you submit your application. You can use this link to pay.
- If you prefer to pay by check, please mail your check made payable to the Durham Arts Council, Inc. with your online application email confirmation to:
Durham Arts Council
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
$255.00 - Novelty Vendor Booth Space (required)
$50.00 - Cleaning Deposit (refundable)
$25.00 - Processing Fee (required, non-refundable)
$60.00 - Electricity hook-up (if electricity is required for your booth. Generators NOT allowed)
You will be notified of your acceptance by August 3rd, 2018. If accepted you will receive a contract. Your contract and a copy of your organizations certificate of insurance will be due by August 23rd, 2018. Please be aware that if you are accepted to the festival and do not return your contract by August 23rd, 2018, or notify the CenterFest office of your inability to participate by the same date, you will forfeit your deposit fee.
- All vehicles MUST be removed from the festival site area by 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15th and by 10 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16th. Items may be carried to booths after these times.
- Uniformed security, CenterFest staff and volunteers will be on site during festival hours. Limited security will be available on Saturday night. However, you are strongly encouraged to remove valuable property and lock down vending areas. Durham Arts Council assumes no responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to any signage, product, display equipment or property.
CenterFest is a “rain or shine” event; no rain dates! Participants should be prepared to continue in the case of light rain. In the caseof heavy rain, the CenterFest Committee will consider electrical hazards, logistical requirements, concessionaires’ needs, and the requirements of performing artists in making any decision about suspension or cancellation of any part or all of the Festival. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather or a participant’s decision to leave before the end.