APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, JULY 9th, 2018
The 44th Annual CenterFest is the longest running outdoor juried arts festival in North Carolina. The festival boasts more than 140 juried visual artists, lots of food, great entertainment, community groups, and fun, educational activities for kids. Located in Downtown Durham's vibrant city center district, CenterFest 2018 will welcome an expected 30,000 visitors over the weekend.
CenterFest will be held in downtown Durham on:
Saturday, September 15 - 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. (Set-up), 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Festival Hours)
Sunday, September 16 - 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Set-up), 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Festival Hours)
NONPROFIT APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
- A limited number of booth spaces (not to exceed 25) will be available to nonprofits.
- Applicants must be 501 (c) 3 not for profit organizations, and must submit their tax-ID # and upload IRS Determination Letter on the application. This will be used and verified as proof of non-profit status from the IRS Department of Treasury.
If more applications are received than spaces are available, preference will be given to applicants which:
- Have the arts as an integral part of the organization's mission.
- Offer an amenity to festival-goers. (Interactive activities to attract an audience)
- FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES CANNOT BE THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE BOOTH.
- Booth spaces are available in both the Children’s Area and on the streets throughout the festival site. Placement within these parameters will be decided by the CenterFest Committee.
- Items permitted for sale in booths located within the festival include rummage items and specialty items (hats, stickers, etc.).
- Food/beverage sales, including home-baked items, are NOT permited. Food/beverage items may not be given away. CenterFest retains exclusive vending rights for beverages.
- CenterFest souvenir items may not be sold or given away. CenterFest retains exclusive vending rights for souvenir items, face painting, and T-shirts.
- Arts and Crafts sales are also prohibited.
- Information about the nonprofit may be handed out to festival participants, but only from within the actual booth space. Distribution of information outside of your booth space or in any festival thoroughfare is strictly prohibited.
- Organizations must participate on both days of the festival. If booth is abandoned, it will be shut down.
- Sound level of music, if applicable and which must be approved by the CenterFest Committee, must be contained to booth area.
- All booth spaces are 10’ wide and 10’ deep. Double booth spaces may be available. All equipment and supplies must be contained within the dimensions of the space. Nothing may be hung on trees or affixed to building structures in such a way as to damage the surfaces.
- All units must be of sound construction and must not obstruct others. You and your volunteers are responsible for securing your space overnight.
- All sales and activity prices are subject to review and must be approved in advance of the Festival. A contract will be sent to all accepted nonprofits and will include which items and pricing were approved by the Committee.
Nonprofit Booth fees do NOT include tents, tables or chairs. They are available to rent at an additional cost. Please plan to bring your own if you are not renting through DAC. Tents are set on asphalt. Be sure to bring appropriate weights to anchor each leg.
FEES & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
All application fees must be paid online via ETIX at the link provided:
The link will also be provided in the confirmation email you will receive after you submit your application. You can use this link to pay.
- If you prefer to pay by check, please mail your check made payable to the Durham Arts Council, Inc. with your online application email confirmation to:
Durham Arts Council
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
All fees are deposited upon receipt. Groups will be notified by July 27th of their application status. If an organization is not accepted, booth and rental fees will be refunded at this time if applicable.
- Applications are due no later than July 9th to be considered for CenterFest 2018.
- All cancellations for participation must be received in writing by August 17th for a full refund of booth and rental fees.
$85.00 - Nonprofit Booth Space ($170.00 double booth)
$25.00 - Processing Fee (required, non-refundable)
$250.00 - 10 x 10 tent rental (delivered & assembled)
$60.00 - Electrical hook up
$25.00 - Table + 2 chairs
- All vehicles MUST be removed from the festival site area by 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 and by 10 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16. Items may be carried to booths after these times.
- Uniformed security, CenterFest staff and volunteers will be on site during festival hours. Limited security will be available on Saturday night. However, you are strongly encouraged to remove valuable property and lock down vending areas. Durham Arts Council assumes no responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to any signage, product, display equipment or property.
CenterFest is a “rain or shine” event; no rain dates! Participants should be prepared to continue in the case of light rain. In the case of heavy rain, the CenterFest Committee will consider electrical hazards, logistical requirements, concessionaires’ needs, and the requirements of performing artists in making any decision about suspension or cancellation of any part or all of the Festival. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather or a participant’s decision to leave before the end.