APPLICATION DEADLINE - JUNE 15th, 2018
The 44th Annual CenterFest is the longest running outdoor juried arts festival in North Carolina. The festival boasts more than 140 juried visual artists, great entertainment, lots of food and fun, and educational activities for kids. Located in Downtown Durham's vibrant city center district, CenterFest performers, artists and visitors will enjoy a setting filled with restaurants, shops and studios: a perfect space for an event that will bring around 30,000 visitors over the weekend. CenterFest 2018 will include multiple performance stages showcasing music, dance, street performers, and community groups. We are looking for a diverse array of performance groups and entertainers.
- Complete contact information
- Attach your technical needs sheet (upload file as word 'docx, doc' or pdf document, not exceeding 1MB)
- Provide description of your group
- Provide web link to online performance sample
- Upload press quality photo (png, gif, and jpeg files accepted, with file size not exceeding 1MB)
BENEFITS, SCREENING, AND REGULATIONS
If selected to perform, you will receive the following festival benefits:
- Photo and description with link to your website on the CenterFest website.
- Exposure in over 55,000 Event Guides to be distributed at the event and prior to the event through Durham and Orange Counties.
- Inclusion in publicity campaign and social media.
- Payment of up to $100 for your 20 - 45 minute performance. More established bands may be considered for higher performance fees.
- A designated area for performers to sell and distribute CD's and merchandise. Performers are responsible for managing their own sales.
All applicants will be screened by the Centerfest 2018 Management Team and entertainment committee. The screening process will take into account technical and scheduling needs, diversity in performances, and record of previous performances. All 2018 Applicants will be notified by July 24th if they are selected or not selected.
- Artists must perform work for which they were invited.
- Artists must provide technical specifications with the application.
- The DAC retains the right to use any festival documentation and photos to be used in future promotion of CenterFest without compensation to the artist.
- Stage performances will generally be 20 to 40 minutes.
- DAC provides professional quality sound systems, drum kits, and lights at main stages. Smaller sound systems are provided at other stages.
- All staging areas will be outdoors and two will have coverings. No "green room" dressing room, or rugs will be provided.
- No application fee to apply.
- Load in areas, parking passes and information and festival map will be included in a formal contract between you and the DAC upon selection to perform.
- Rainout: CenterFest is a Rain or Shine event. Performers will be asked to proceed in the event of light rain when it is safe to do so. No compensation will be paid due to performers decision not to participate; performers will be paid in the event of rain if they are present and ready to perform.
- Opportunities available for featured performers, well-loved bands, ensembles, singer/songwriters, dance groups, puppet shows, processions, juggling, music, marching bands and more.